Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MEG Corporal
868 Posts
I'm trying to sort shipping some parts to Germany.

The buyer wanted me to send my bank details which i kindly refused :headshake:

So it's now been decided that he will pay me via Paypal,and he asked me for the email address to send the money(£100).He said he has to put funds into the account which may take 3-5days??

He gave me his address in Germany which means nothing to me,is their a way i can verify who he says he is on Paypal before i give him my paypal address.
If i did give him my address is their anyway he could use it??

Just trying to be safe and not get ripped off,not that i think he is as he contacted me of another forum but only joined recently so i'm just trying to be cautious.
Any help appreciated as i only just started using Paypal myself.
:thankyousign:

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
There's nothing wrong with sending bank details!! The details are on the bottom of every cheque you write anyway. Phone your bank for advice.......

·
Anything u like..
1,743 Posts
Is he a verified member on paypal?

·
MEG Corporal
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Carn't find that out as he hasn't given me his paypal address as its him paying me.
I'll ask him amd see what he says.

·
Registered
90 Posts
he'll need your paypal e mail address to send the money to you, nothing else, no passwords, just the e mail address you use for paypal. as for the bank details, it is the way europeans seem to do business on e bay etc - direct transfer. he may find that doing it from a german bank to an english one incurrs to heavy a fee anyway, but he can't do anything sinister with your bank details either.

·
Big Megger
241 Posts
It really is the way we here on the continent do it, direct transfer all the way. But if you don't like it fair play, he's right in saying that it will take a few days to transfer money to his paypal account. All you do is giuve him your emailadress used for your paypal account, and nothing else. He'll then transfer the money and off you go. You should receive an email from paypal when the money comes in.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Personaly i would just give him bank details-that's what i did with my engine and the ££ was there in hours!! They can't do anything with the details,like i said b4 the details are on any cheque you write. People seem to have this fear about giving them out like someone can clean the account out with the details or something.

·
MEG Corporal
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sent my paypal address so all should be ok.

Thanks to all for the advice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts