Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just recently got a 1.8 TD L reg, its done 120k miles and drives very well. Whats bothering me is the fact that the temp gauge is showing normal but when I put my hand on the cam/rocker cover it feels very hot but the water hoses feel ok. Is this normal for this engine? I know that I have a problem with the heater matrix. When I put the heater blower on it blows warm/hot for a short while and then blows quite cool. I have removed this , back flushed and its still the same (heater blower only works on number 4 setting).
I haven't flushed the whole system as yet but is it possible that the oil cooler has a blockage, hence the hot rocker cover.
Thanks for looking and hopefully for your responses :thankyousign:

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
the rocker cover sounds normal to me, if your hearer only works on 4 you need a heater resistor pack see here for details on how to change it http://www.mirez.co.uk/HeaterPack.htm very easy job.

i have a heater pack and wiring for sale its all working im asking £4 for it if your interested PM me.

if you dont know how click on my name and choose start private topic :L

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info about the rocker cover, I can relax on that one now ;) . With regards to the heater blower switch, I have taken the switch off and put a live feed to each setting and everyone works ok, so it must be the switch (correct me if Im wrong) so if you have one of those on offer let me know fella
:thankyousign:

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
you say everyone works ok with a live feed put to it but do they blow at the right speeds? this is what the heater resistor pack controls is the speed of the air coming through.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh they all blow at the right speed for the settings. The original switch had burnt out and melted, the replacement I put in was off a scrapper but works on number 4 setting only.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
have you checked the heater resistor pack?

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
lol ok m8 :L

if you need a heater resistor pack i have a spare one i sold the one i had with wiring block and some wire ive only got the heater resistor pack itself a spare one i kept incase mine went again which is not needed seen as my car died :L

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive had a look at the resistor pack and it looks ok, no melted or scorched bits. It looks a bit different than the one in your link. Mine is only clipped into place and when removed there are 3 x 1 inch long coils on the back of it. I assume these are the resistors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
totalguy said:
lol ok m8 :L

if you need a heater resistor pack i have a spare one i sold the one i had with wiring block and some wire ive only got the heater resistor pack itself a spare one i kept incase mine went again which is not needed seen as my car died :L
Tried another switch and still only works on 4 setting so if you still have the resistor pack and you're sure it'll fit mine ok I'll buy it off you mate.
:thankyousign:

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
it definately fits all mk1 and mk2's pm me if you dont know how click my name and choose start private topic.

also to access provate topics click my fusion top left and choose view private topic incase you didnt know :L

1 - 13 of 13 Posts