Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I know my tracking is out, as the car pulls to the left whilst driving and I have to hold the steering wheel slightly off centre, to the left.

I know I'll probably get told off for this, but was trying to wait until I replace the front tyres until I get the tracking done.

I've also noticed that the car is tramlining a bit too.

When accelerating hard, the car pulls slightly to one side and then when changing gear or just backing off the throttle it changes direction again and I need to correct it!

There's a long banked constant right (about 1/2 mile) near to where I live and going round this I have to keep the steering wheel pointing slightly to the left :loopy:

I recently had the front tyres replaced and had the new tyres put on the back and rear wheels on the front.

I decided to try different tyres and therefore have worn (about 3-4mm) Pirelli P6000 on the front and new Dunlop SP Sport 01 on the rear, which when the Pirellis finally go will be replaced with another pair of Dunlops to keep everything the same.

On replacing the Pirellis, I noticed that they had been run overinflated and worn really badly in the centre of the tyre. Stupidly I've not checked this on the other Pirellis, but could this be a cause of the symptoms?

The car is booked in at Ford next week anyway for a couple of other bits, so any ammunition for possible warranty work would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Nick

·
Big Megger
291 Posts
Nick

When my Pirelli's were worn the tramlining was terrible, new rubber and it went away! :L

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Phil,

Thanks for that; I was hoping it was going to be the case.

Must wear those out properly a bit quick then!

I can't judge it fairly until all 4 tyres are replaced, but the noise reduction in replacing just one pair of the worn Pirelli's was significant to say the least!

Regards,

nick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts