Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Big Megger
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a clonking sound when turning left or right. And shuddering in the steering wheel when driving along after a few minutes of driving. But then sometimes stops.

Any ideas anyone??

BIG CHEERS :L

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
track rod ends check the ball joints arent loose

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
sorry to go off topic,but where has the post whore
been,have you been ill or summat,any way whatever
it was nice to have you back TG. :L

·
Big Megger
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Inspected the car today to find that the nearside lower arm is fecked, and both outer CV joints and gaiters are history, no grease or anything left.

Now I need to get hold of these parts cheapyish.

Anyone know any suppliers?

Ta :)

·
Quo fan
1,539 Posts
DaXx said:
Inspected the car today to find that the nearside lower arm is fecked, and both outer CV joints and gaiters are history, no grease or anything left.

Now I need to get hold of these parts cheapyish.

Anyone know any suppliers?

Ta :)
To be honest, it's false economy to buy pattern parts a lot of the time. Better to pay that bit extra and buy genuine Ford. They'll last longer.
There is an online Ford parts supplier, the address of which I can't find at the moment, which is cheaper. I'm sure someone else will know the web address for it.

·
Everybody lies
4,863 Posts
www.fordpartsuk.com

It may be worth buying direct from the website as some dealers are`nt getting new stock in for the mk1.

·
Big Megger
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the link.

Well ive asked for a quote for the parts:

Both outer CV joints and gaiters
N/S lower arm

from that website. I got quoted £170 from UniPart so will just have to see how much of a difference in price it is.

·
Everybody lies
4,863 Posts
DaXx said:
Cheers for the link.

Well ive asked for a quote for the parts:

Both outer CV joints and gaiters
N/S lower arm

from that website. I got quoted £170 from UniPart so will just have to see how much of a difference in price it is.
Keep us updated!

·
Big Megger
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That ford website want £299 for the bits, quite a bit cheaper than a Ford dealer but out of my budget im afraid :(

I'm gunna collect the parts tommorow hopefully finish the job tommorow aswell!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.