Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MEG Colonel
5,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its been in at ford having the doors done for the known rust problem

what do you guys think

oh and they replaced All 4 doors which on the invoice that i saw (well i asked to see) was over £800 in parts alone

Attachments

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts
Looks as good as new :L ....

·
MEG Captain
3,040 Posts
looks all good in the pictures m8 a :first: for fords

(rushes outside to look under the doors on mine)

·
MEG Colonel
5,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well it may look good in the pics but its still going back as im not happy with the match on two of the doors (N/S/F and O/S/R) as its too light

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Colour match looks better than the new Focus ST's!! :whistling: What are the panel gaps like-pic 3 looks a little large to my eyes?? Glad they replaced the doors-it would have never been right with repairs IMO. You must have had bad corrosion for thme to replace them?? The TSB is very specific on what counts-they say repair unless the door looks pretty much 10 years old if you see the TSB??

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
squelch said:
well it may look good in the pics but its still going back as im not happy with the match on two of the doors (N/S/F and O/S/R) as its too light
thought you had yours done before, which they match the colour poorly?

or was that some-one else?

the pics look good but hard to tell tho. if it aint right id deffo take it back.

·
MEG Colonel
5,987 Posts
that door has a gap about 2mm bigger than the others but not too bad

the corrosion on the doors wasn't that bad only 1 had rust showing on the inside of the door and the others had bubbling along the bottom so i was supprised they replaced them all butas i had to wait 5 months to get it done i think they were being on the safe side

im taking it back next week to the bodyshop (not a ford dealer) that did the work but i got a ford tech to come out and see the mismatch before i took it away, so its been noted that i wasn't happy with it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts