Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Big Megger
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of interest... I've had the Mondy lowered on Thursday, 40mm all round on Supersports (springs and shocks)... now the back sits nice and low, with no gap between the wheels and arches, but in the front there's still quite a gap...

I know, it's only been a few days now, is it likely to come down a bit more in the next days? Seeing all the lowered cars in multimedia the way mine looks seems a bit strange to me...

Anyone experienced the same? Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
i know if you work on a car on a jack etc , untill you drive and brake it should settle down , when you say a gap , how much of a gap , this is mine 40mm with gmax gas shocks & springs all round , does yours look like mine or does yours sit higher:

·
Big Megger
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have to say I can't really tell from your pic where the arch ends and where the gap starts, but judging from "experience" of how the front wing is shaped it looks quite somewhat the same as yours... maybe mine's still a little higher, but we're talking millimeters here^^
So I take it that's normal?
I'm currently rolling on 17's, what size are yours? I looked at Martin's pics, he's on 19's, so maybe that's why the gap is so little?

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
even if Martins is on 19" the tyre wall ( etc 30 / 35 )should be so thin it would be no bigger than a 17" on a total scale , hence why you need the right size tyre for the wheel eto keep to the STD rolling wheel size , i will se if i have any better pics of my front :L

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
ya its just the way they sit mate , the rear will look lower than the front as ford done this for the aerodynamics of the car , i am on 215/40/zr17 / if your on 35 it will look like a bigger gap due to your lower tyre wall Layman.

Ryan :L

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.