Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Car does what the post says but only at low revs, put my foot down a bit and car kangaroos a bit but above 3000rpm it doesn't do it, so an excuse to rev it hard every where at the mo.

I had a new set of plugs in there and i shortened the gap of the plugs (not suppose too) slightly and it seemed to improve things so got another set of plugs and plonked them in as they are pre-set and it's doing it again and is getting worst.

Any ides

Regards

M9G

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Thanks for the response, I have had a good look round and can't see or hear anything and think tomorrow i'm gonna change the leads and then possibly start thinking about the coil pack if it's not it.

M9G

·
Registered
124 Posts
Did have this problem myself it turned out to be the egr valve sticking, it was recirculating the gasses for to long. Just blanked mine off in the end, problem gone and the uim, 2nds etc have never needed cleaning since.

·
MEG Admiral
3,112 Posts
Having the same problem with my Mk1. How did you blank the egr valve off UKUS69. Spoke to someone at the Rochester meet how said the same thing. Just don't have a clue what to do and really want the kangarooing to stop

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think there are various causes of this as with mine I bought a datalink cable and attached my laptop to the diagnostic port on the car which came up with 2 faults. A soon as i cleared the faults from the ecu the faults went. I think maybe the car compensates for the faults but as the faults wern't really there then the ecu actually caused the poor running.

Car is so different now, quicker and more responsive and smoother - it's great!!!!

M9G

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.