Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i just got a 54 plate tdci 130 with 14k i p.x a focus tdi which was quicker than the mondeo
i`ve also noticed when drivin in normal conditions it judders(or like a misfire) like kangaroo juice mainly in 2nd
upto now quiet disapointed with the lack of power could it be that it needs re-prog or the egr
is it right that the turbo comes in at about 2.2k

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
I get strong pull from about 1,500rpm

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Robbins said:
Something not right there, a 130 should poo all over a TDDI. Not sure about the turbo but mine kicks in at 1750RPM.
Remember, the Focus TDi is lighter so I wouldn't necessarily say it would poo on it, but it should be and feel quicker.

ECU reset is the way to go on this to see if it helps. Also, is there any flashing glowplug warnings?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no flashing glow pugs or any other warning lights ive found out today that its previously had ERG, air flow sensor and is it the pcu (the brain ss ford say)replaced but not had any software update if this helps :confused:

·
MEG Captain
3,040 Posts
i would be amazed if it took 12.5 secs to reach 60 in a focus tddi
in fact if mine took that long i would chuck it away as it certainly feels quicker than that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.