Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi got a 2002 lx mondeo just noticed that water is coming in at about 2"from the front of the drivers door this is at the bottom of the door!just got the car with a 30 day warrenty which expired a week ago.any suggestions?

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
It is the foam inside the door card. Easy to fix with bathroom sealant. Remove door card, allow foam to dry, reseal with bathroom sealant, refit door card.

There is another post by I think IrishGhiaX who has had the same prob. It happened to my Zetec-S just after I got it. Common prob.

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
It is easy. Prob easier to do it yourself that mess around with the dealer, then get the car back with more scratches than it had when it went in!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm having the same problem. I pulled off the door card, but it appears the water is coming from the two white clips at the bottom of the door which the seal is cut around. Is it ok to seal this also. They are square white lips it a rectangular hole at the bottom (where the water is coming from)

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.