Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm going to be replacing all my braked pads & discs in the next few days and was wondering weather it's a left or right handed wind back tool i need to wind the calipers back on my Mondeo?

2008 2.0TDCi 140BHP Hatchback

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Where are You, I did all the discs and pads on mine on Sunday. If your near Guildford you could borrow mine, works on both sides on the rear (didn't know there was a left and right), however the front it doesn't work as the bore is huge. I easily squeezed the fronts in with a pair of grips tho.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
i believe you only need the wind back tool on the rear anyway. The front i usually do with a bit of flat plate across the piston, and a clamp. I have used a small grinder spanner, and plumbers pliers to wind them in before, but be careful of the seal, and put a bit of pvc tape round plier jaws to stop them marking the piston.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Its a right hand thread, so you'll need to turn the rear pistons clockwise to retract them into the calipers.

Reactions: andyjstew

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,525 Posts
Yes, only needed on rear. Right hand thread. Just done mine. Bought the full wind back kit off e bay, only £15 ! Brill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts