Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted these today :) Wasn't sure how good they'd look but in the flesh they look fannytastic and I realise all the pics ppl have don't do them justice. Well pleased.

Another simple mod under my belt, getting quite confident now. I know it was only simple but I am a complete newby. Also done lockwood dials, some pedals, no. plate surrounds and a gear knob this week.

Had to wait to take the side photo as the damn cops were goin by in a van :)

Can't believe how simple they were to fit btw for anybody thinking bout havin 'em. Woulda taken less than 30mins if my dad didn't have the spanner set in his van and was out in it :'( All I had was a small travel socket set and although the socket fitted the screws (size 10) the handle wouldn't go on the end coz of the size of the screws so I had to use pliers to turn them all doh.

Attachments

·
F.T.M.
688 Posts
looking good bud :L
keep the good work going...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want mine off completely :) Started a thread bout it. I can't see as I'll need it and would rather sell it.

·
6,836 Posts
Looks good, gonna transfer my Lexus to my white one, wonder how it will look. hope they look as good as yours mate :L

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
Could have put your number plate on straight :whistling:

I actually do like the Lexus rears. Just depends what colour the car is to what style you get, think the chrome ones ar e best for that colour.

Wish they did clear rears though, proper ersions of the home made jobbies.

·
MEG Sergeant
2,146 Posts
yep looks the biz dude. i like the chrome ones on lighter colour cars. i got chrome ones on mine too.

·
at Vanishing Point....
3,994 Posts
Marney said:
Just depends what colour the car is to what style you get, think the chrome ones ar e best for that colour.
Does that mean I made the right choice for the colour of my car???? Thought chrome would've been too much on silver....

·
6,836 Posts
Just went to change mine over. to much hassle though, my old one was a T reg new one is a V reg, the old one just had a bit of black sticky rubber, this one has black sticy rubber and loads of sealant and struggling to remove em.

Any hints for getting em off?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Marney said:
Could have put your number plate on straight :whistling:

I actually do like the Lexus rears. Just depends what colour the car is to what style you get, think the chrome ones ar e best for that colour.

Wish they did clear rears though, proper ersions of the home made jobbies.
Hmm, now you've said that it does look a little higher on the left side in that first pic. The car is slightly leaning to the left though so I'm not sure if it's just that. :loopy:

·
ACDC
10,587 Posts
[quote name=jacks-ST-mondeo]Just went to change mine over. to much hassle though, my old one was a T reg new one is a V reg, the old one just had a bit of black sticky rubber, this one has black sticy rubber and loads of sealant and struggling to remove em.

Any hints for getting em off?[/quote]

try running a stanley knife or very sharp craft type knife around to cut the sealant and pull

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts
Welcome to the lex wish they were club :}

·
MEG Sergeant
1,156 Posts
Sorry, doesn't look very nice at all. Looks better with the standard lights or perhaps the smoked standard lights people do.

Lexus lights just look so cheap and nasty, they belong on badly modified Saxo's not tidy ST24's.

Just my opinion, obviously :)

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
Didn't mean to start a phot posting thread. I went for the chrome ones to go with my chrome wheels, chrome boot trim and under bonnet bling.

Attachments

·
MEG Sergeant
1,156 Posts
Oh no another lovely Mondy ruined by Saxo-chav lights :p

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
But it still got the crowds at the shows I went to and I wa happy with it. I wanted the clear rears, I had the home made jobbies for a while, but they're just that 'home made' and dont look right up close. Considering the rest of the car, I felt I couldn't just ignore the rear end completely. I dont think it ruined the looks as I got £3.5k for a Mk2 V6 Ghia X at a time the price was falling, so must have looked more than OK to the new owner.
If you would like to make some clear rears or some modified rear lights you'd be happy with Fox, I'm sure we'd all love to buy them :eyesup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts