Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gavin T
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a mate have been talking about getting some decent photos of the cars for ages, and finally got round to detailing the cars and taking them out last Sunday. I had 93 photos in total, all taken on my phone and then fiddled about a bit to tidy things up on photoshop. Quite pleased with the results

fab259e6ab40c0e252c0e0a363a72c82.jpg
d75a0f22cfcba4f3c1069626b93fb7fd.jpg
db867faaa2bfedeceabdeab60487d154.jpg
e10623e380746a23943417719f8a9f8c.jpg
1757b5999c769776ca563c9d816d2f08.jpg
33876043b1b50ec1542e86fdcc68cb23.jpg
60988a09fd68e60cc4f27f51f5ace1c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Megger
2,377 Posts
Not bad but here is an idea to make even better photos. Cars are multi-reflecting mirrors so you need to a find nice, evenly lit surface to reflect.

Pro car photographers find a nice location and then usually shoot in the predawn (early morning) when the sky has a nice evenly lit brightness, just before the sun come up. Then the sun is not a spotlight.

·
Gavin T
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. The sun was a bit of a pain at times, we had to make sure the cars were facing into it and it not be behind them, otherwise the light was too strong for the camera and they didn't look right. Where the bridges were we were under cover anyway, and later in the day it stayed bright but a little cloudy which helped.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice looking cars. Really impressed with the condition of your Mondeo, don't see many in that colour anyway, but especially not with that shine. Looks like it's just come out the showroom!

·
Gavin T
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ????

It's not perfect, there's a few bits to sort out but it's a work in progress or long term project if you like. The drivers side has some rust issues starting to become apparent on the rear arch and around the fuel filler cap. The sill on that side has had some patching but was never done properly. I've had a quote from a good bodyshop to replace the whole sill, part of the rear arch and tidy the around the fuel filler cap and spray it up properly for £400 so it's on the cards in the new year. The rest of the body is sound and solid. I had one exactly like this before but got shut of it -see car diary. This one's a keeper for the long run. It's only had two owners before me, one of which was Ford as a demonstrator. Some bloke bought it six months later and kept it up until I bought it off him. It's been back to the original dealer every single year for a service, sometimes only doing 2k miles between servicing so has been well looked after. The service history file is impressive with a full book of stamps, loads of receipts etc. Quite a good car for £500 ????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.