Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondering if there was a way to make all doors on my MK3 Mondeo lock from the inside front passenger handle? Up until recently I had a MK2 which did this and it seems odd that this newer model doesn't?

I sort of know about putting the car into learning mode for motion locking, is there some way I can 'teach' it to do this as well?

I've not gotten around to buying a handbook for it, so apologies if the answer is glaringly obvious to anyone with one but I also couldn't find the answer on forums...

Thanks in advance

·
Little Megger
409 Posts
I would also like to know if this can be done

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I found the manual (and service book!) under the front seat. Guy I bought it from said he didnt have them so he obviously didnt know that it had plenty of serivce history either!

Manual doesnt say anything about this, but it doesn't necessarily mean it can't be done.

·
Super Moderator
31,290 Posts
Have to ask why would you want it to?

Connect the switch on the drivers door to the passenger door.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PURPLE_2L_LX said:
Have to ask why would you want it to?

Connect the switch on the drivers door to the passenger door.
Well mostly intrigue really as my mk2 did it and I found it quite handy.

I don't want to remove the ability from the driver door though, I would like both driver and front passenger door handle to operate the central locking.

What you're suggesting would simply move the operation to a different door, wouldn't it? Unless the cables were split and sent to both handles... Definitely an appreciated suggestion but I'm not that desperate for it as to fiddle with the wiring unless I'm doing another mod at the same time =]]]

What I was really after was if anyone happened to know if there was a way to 'teach' the locking system to do this, similar to the way recalibrating the windows for global locking or motion autolock are done?

·
Super Moderator
31,290 Posts
No it wont stop the drivers door working. Just add a wire / switch to the passengers door to trigger
the wire on the drivers door.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PURPLE_2L_LX said:
No it wont stop the drivers door working. Just add a wire / switch to the passengers door to trigger
the wire on the drivers door.
Thanks for that, I'll give that a go next time I take the door trim off! I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.