Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there sorry if this has been covered before or is posted in the wrong place. Im a newbie on the forums. Had a few mark 4 mondeos. Current one has he baffled. Looses power some times cuts out but will always restart. I hold my foot flat to the floor and will only rev at 1100. Eventually it will gradually build up and has full power. You never no when it will happen. Its a 2014 2.0 ufbb engine code. Has anyone had same problem? Forgot to mention no faults codes. Tried a few scanners even tried the hold ok button and switch ignition on.

·
Little Megger
50 Posts
Hi and welcome.
I would start by checking to see if air is getting into the fuel lines (possibly through the fuel filter) as this can cause the symptoms you describe. Check the mass air flow sensor near the air filter box too. I once left it unplugged after a service and the engine had no power whatsoever and kept cutting out.

Reactions: Al Jones

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im having same issues with the same engine... it could be your turbo VNT coked up with carbon which I suspect mine is when i get the P2263 fault code (overboosting). Unfortunately the turbo is very awkward to get to on the Euro5 engine. Im going to try a carbon clean to see if it helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im having same issues with the same engine... it could be your turbo VNT coked up with carbon which I suspect mine is when i get the P2263 fault code (overboosting). Unfortunately the turbo is very awkward to get to on the Euro5 engine. Im going to try a carbon clean to see if it helps
Will have a look in to it. Totally baffled its as if its running out of diesel. Even changed throttle pedal to see if it made any difference

·
Registered
328 Posts
Does the fuel gauge show the correct level or 0 after approx half a tank ? because I have seen 2 cases that a faulty fuel sender unit causing this type of problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi there. Its worse after you've put diesel in. So im thinking of dropping tank to have a look

1 - 6 of 6 Posts