Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Big Megger
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a tv/dvd player for the car,only thing i dont like is,that there is a saftey device on it that i had to hook to the handbrake so there will be no picture when u driving. I was wondering is there any way i could bypass this by making a new circuit with a toggle switch, has to be low voltage though

·
Still waiting to Wii
2,699 Posts
most handbrakes are a simple ground switch, and so simply grounding the wire will do, depends on the setup you've got, it's piss easy to bypass.

·
MEG Captain
4,788 Posts
and if you get caught by the police for driving with a video going then dont bleat on about it ;)

·
Registered
971 Posts
i bought a head unit on ebay the has a screen on it, noticed the wire with a label on saying brake, wasnt too sure what to do with it so just ignored it and wired up the usual red, black and yellow wires for power, blue/white to amplifier then added rca leads, works perfectly and video comes on whilst car is moving

may not be the same on all head units but just try disconnecting the wire from handbrake and see how that works

·
Big Megger
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ill try that hope it dont blow nothin lol i tryed b4 to ignore cable but wouldnt play and for the police xxxx them lol

·
Big Megger
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
another thing i remembered that i have to go thru a sequence with the handbrake to get a picture [put down handbrake foro 2 seconds then pull back up and picture will come on ]thats why im looking for a sepatate circuit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.