Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Megger
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My right hand headlight has steam/water inside the glass and I think the seal is broken inside so time to get replacement.

Dealer said it would cost £133 plus VAT for a new one. I have found one on eBay for £59 including postage, think it's good deal?

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
If you are after new one's i have seen them cheaper than that on Ebay,you could always have
a look for some used one's.
But you could always repair the seal and do the
black eyes mod at the same time. :L

·
MEG Corporal
492 Posts
have you taken the light out to see if one of the bulb covers has come loose or fallen off the back,this could be letting in condensation.

(The lenses should be plastic and not glass),failing that you could just run a bead of sealant around the edge,where the lense meets the main body of the light.

If you keep looking on ebay you can pick them up from £10 plus around £10 for the postage.

I've taken the lenses off mine a few times now for various reasons and have been lucky so far,and thats with no sealant just heating up the old sealant with a hair dryer,and squeezing the joint together.

;) Darren

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.