Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello this is very strange
I also have the famous ticking noise like all v6 mondys have. And i told already in previous posts that it comes an go.
Ok now it a go again but it gets louder now even in idle
But when i turn my steering wheel it gets really loud. Could it be somthing with the power steering pump?
Its just a question

greetings Freeck (Holland)

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
well you say it gets louder when you turn your steering wheel , do you mean on full lock or do you turn it a touch and it will tick , a tick to what you are saying is could be a number of things but the things i know of that happen on the V6 lumos are head gasket / dogy exhast manifold / loud fuel rail / coil pack / dogy water pump tensioner / idle tensioner / idle pully.

they are what i would check but most of them is due to headgasket and exhast manifold.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My engine makes a very slight ticking noise at 550rpm. I just assume its a hydraulic lifter. As soon as I touch the gas it stops. My Mitsi Galant V6 did exacaly the same thing.
With 24 rockers and lifters I guess 1 of em will make a noise, lol.

Chris

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
chrisbee said:
My engine makes a very slight ticking noise at 550rpm. I just assume its a hydraulic lifter. As soon as I touch the gas it stops. My Mitsi Galant V6 did exacaly the same thing.
With 24 rockers and lifters I guess 1 of em will make a noise, lol.

Chris
thats very true as well , forgot as well you have 2 chains as well witch can make a little tick maby..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Gets louder when you turn the PAS, this could be the Auxiliary belt tensioner is on the way out.

A few people have reported the tick disappearing with a new one.

·
Big Megger
178 Posts
My aux belt top idler pulley was making a ticking noise when the bearing in it was worn got it replaced and the ticking stopped.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had hydraulic lifter noise, flushed the engine with STP and was amazed at the crap that came out, ticking wentI'd even been changing the oil every 5000km, for 7 years so I guess a lot of slow running is extra bad

·
Ex-Ford owner
852 Posts
Tensioner for the waterpump belt?

My 2.5 had a tick, with the engine running i could stop the tick by increasing the tension on the belt... ie, by pulling on the tensioner.

Speaking to Dave @ Autocraft he says this is a common thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts