Ford Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yeah, I'm seeing 630 degrees C during a regen, what does your soot load and DPF load go down to after regen?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
OK so this weekend I'll be taking the DPF off for a clean and the EGR is going to get blanked... Should be interesting 馃

I'll also be checking the washer pump wiring to see if it has the capillary draw issue.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
OK chaps, rear bolts are easy as I had a new rear section on last year... What are the two front bolt/nuts?
They appear to be square tapered nuts or maybe 11/12mm but very rusty even after a good wire brush.
The other side appears round and I'm wondering if it's a welded stud? Or is it removeable?
I was going to angle grind them off but cant do that if it is a welded stud.
Any help, greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Super Moderator
Looks like a nightmare waiting to happen. You may have to drill it out be prepared.

Get some heat on that nut and plenty of WD40 or similar. If it snaps or you need to cut it off then the stud
may tap out but get the drill ready.

Registered
The nut is rusted and eaten away, not standard anymore. It's made from some type of coper alloy.

The bolt is pressed you can remove but very, very hard. I had to replace mine as the threads got damaged from the rusted nuts but it was extremely hard to get it out. I had to cut it, then drill into it and brute force it out with a big hammer.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts