Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Big Megger
93 Posts
What sort of conditions is that under? That seems a little high, unless you're almost exclusively in rush-hour traffic.

I got 25mpg typically in city traffic, and up to 40mpg on the open road.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
how have you calculated it , you need to brim the tank stop at the first click then run the car for a few hunderd miles and then fill it up the same again , then divide the miles by the amount of fuel put in , if your car has the fuel computer then dont rely on that as they are reportedly not very accurate :L

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep did that and the trip computer isn't far off.

When i use it, its a very mixed type of driving, I'm hardly ever stuck in traffic.

on a long run, I'm lucky to get to 30mpg

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
I get about that too round town taking it steady, Or alot less than that if I give it some.

·
MEG Sergeant
2,146 Posts
dam i think im lucky with mine then. i drive down south and i use £22 to 255 miles. i fill up at the start and then fill up when i get down to plymouth but after all them miles it still only uses just over a quarter of a tank, i know u can stick a tenner in after u hit full like if u know\what i mean.
but yeh arround town i dont get that much, i wouldnt have a clue on how much mpg i get round town.
i still wouldnt av a clue on how many mpg im gettin by useing £22 for 255 miles either.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ok, im no good at this maths stuff, but on a full tank of Vpower i get around 500-550 miles, what does that work out at, most of the time im shifting at 4000rpm but i like to give it some and redline it when i get the chance.

·
Registered
738 Posts
tank holds 13 gallon so say youve used 11 gallon ,47 mpg would mean that you have covered 517 miles.next time you fuel up lap count the milage, then when you fuel up again see how much fuel you put in,thats the best way to get a good average mpg.

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
have you got any ideas what to look at?
i am getting only around 400 miles per tank of 50-55 litres.
couple a week ago checked the lambda oscilating smoothly .2-.9v in ~2-3 seconds.

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
Mine averages 25mpg around town.

·
Registered
738 Posts
urban driving gets the worst fuel consumption,23mpg on the 2 ltr estate,rising to 43mpg non urban,according to the ford owners guide.tyre size makes a differance aswell,the 205 s seem to loose you as much as 5mpg compared to the 195 s on non urban driving.i guess it's alot to do with where you live and how much traffic there is and how we drive that all afects fuel consumption.

·
Little Megger
32 Posts
I have a 2l estate- no way have I seen above 36mpg.
It is 25 round towm, I reckon the official figures are cars with fitted sails! :blush:
Who cruises at 56mph?, no way, it's outside lane all the way - and empty tank in 400miles, or less.

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
in heavy traffic i can bearly get 300miles from a tank 300 mls/ 12gln = 25 mpg,

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
marks said:
urban driving gets the worst fuel consumption,23mpg on the 2 ltr estate,rising to 43mpg non urban,according to the ford owners guide.tyre size makes a differance aswell,the 205 s seem to loose you as much as 5mpg compared to the 195 s on non urban driving.i guess it's alot to do with where you live and how much traffic there is and how we drive that all afects fuel consumption.
I fitted a set of 16" Ghia X alloys about a month ago, so I've gone from 185 to 205. And yes, MPG has dropped a little, but only by about 1mpg. But the car looks, rides and handles better, so it's a small price to pay.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.