Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo Fordy's,

I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if this post (or similar post) has been answered numerous amounts of times.
I'm picking up my Mondeo on Thursday, and straight away, have left myself £1,000 to get the car lowered up to 100mm, maybe more depending on wheels (yet to be decided).

Where sells coilovers/lowering kit for an 08 model, even if have to be custom made/ordered?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
30,347 Posts
100mm? is that even possible without bodywork mods?

Ive seen 60mm drop and it was very close. Hit a bad bump at speed and there would be a risk

of contact.

depends on the wheels/tyres though.

Several threads on lowering.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Why would you do that it? It'll look crap!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha! A crime against carmanity?! Every car looks better lowered :)
Yeah I'm after up to 100mm drop only because if I buy some that go to 60mm and can still go lower then I'll be buying more.

Do you know of any websites/companies that do sell them?

·
Likes to chat
3,074 Posts
Yo Fordy's,

I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if this post (or similar post) has been answered numerous amounts of times.
I'm picking up my Mondeo on Thursday, and straight away, have left myself £1,000 to get the car lowered up to 100mm, maybe more depending on wheels (yet to be decided).

Where sells coilovers/lowering kit for an 08 model, even if have to be custom made/ordered?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
if you do post pictures would love to see a mk4 that low. Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeeeeeeze! So much hate for lowering a car on here ha!
Only asked where to get some coilovers from :p
Yeah I'll post some pictures when it's done and when I find some coilovers.

·
Likes to chat
3,074 Posts
Jeeeeeeze! So much hate for lowering a car on here ha!
Only asked where to get some coilovers from :p
Yeah I'll post some pictures when it's done and when I find some coilovers.
just pulling ya leg pal lol have seen em 30/50 mm lower. Look nice. But never 100mm but yeah post pics please.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha no worries, I don't take it to heart :)
Yeah like I say, just wanted the 100mm allowance, just in case, to have the option.
Like I say though, just finding some at the moment seems to be the problem, can only find some for the mark 3.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've seen that on google just haha! Not that low, that is ridiculous, just want the top of the tyres to tuck under the wheel arches and camber the back wheels a few degrees

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would say 50mm max if that, the ride would be terrible, especially on our pot hole filled roads.

·
Super Moderator
30,347 Posts
Watch some of the youtube videos on lowered cars and you will see why people dont

lower than that much, And those that do soon regret it.

You will have to avoid ALL speedbumps. Bodywork will need modifying. And it will handle

like a pig.

It will only be suitable for smooth racetracks, Trying to think what the car was i followed

a little while back. Old golf, Skoda? passat or A4 ? Something on the VW clone platform

with the debadged smooth look.

It must have been 60mm lower and all it did going down the road was bounce at every dimple

in the road.

He couldnt picjup speed on the roundabout because it bounced.

I wanted to laugh at him but i had to go the other way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Like I say, the only reason I want up to 100mm is for the option, granted it may be too much and I have no need, but I want that choice rather than waste money on coilovers that don't go to a desired stance.

Every car I've had previously I have lowered, I'm used to avoiding potholes and going slow over speed bumps (which i do regardless of lowering) but never had a car to the point where I can't physically get over a speed bump, that is stupid.

Ive never had to adapt bodywork, apart from rolling arches to avoid cutting into the tyre walls - ive got my own tool do this :)
With previous cars, ive spent good money on suspension so ride comfort is not effected dramatically from everyday driving.

This is my mates Audi a4, lowered near 100mm.
Obviously a different car so lowering depth would be different, but can still get over speed bumps, and you can't deny it doesn't stand out from the rest.
And always found handling to be improved on previous cars and my mates Audi.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
30,347 Posts
Standing out from the rest is OK but when you make the care unusable then its silly.

But thats me... But i think washing them is a waste :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha! Yeahhhhh we would always disagree then seeming I wash my car every week, surprised I've never washed the paint off!!! :)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
This is my mates Audi a4, lowered near 100mm.
Obviously a different car so lowering depth would be different, but can still get over speed bumps, and you can't deny it doesn't stand out from the rest.
And always found handling to be improved on previous cars and my mates Audi.
That's awful.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts