Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning the wife was going to work, came to the junction at end of our drive, stopped, due to conditions ie road being icey and to her left the sun being low and visibility that direction being extremely poor, she wound window down to improve this, looked both directions, and was clear. proceeded out to turn right. The turn was practicually complete, a Pauxhall cavalier had sped round the corner hitting wife in the back part of the drivers side door. The damage to the other driver's car was DRIVERS side headlight (proving howfar out the wife was).

[color:red]LUCKILY WIFE WAS OK - SHOCKED BUT OK[/color]

Who was to blame?

Is it worth fighting?

Vital contributing factors:

1) Wife was pulling out of a junction (>75% of maneauvre completed.

2) Icey conditions

3) Sun blinding the other driver

4) car speeding residential area - impossible to prove and driver wont admit so

5) The damage on the car driver headlight indicates how far wife was out.

6) She was using our residential estate as a short-cut.

7) First things she said was "wasn't speeding, honest I wasn'tspeeding"

8) Prior to this council have plans at dropping speed limit and installing speed bumps.

THE PICTURES

1) Wifes view right out our drive

2) Picture showing an by the look of it the angle of the impact, from where I took Photo is where driver came from.

3) Picture of the drivers view approaching our view, approximately from where she skidded from showing how low the sun was and imparing vision.

Attachments

·
MEG Admiral
2,934 Posts
Tough one. I must admit though, it looks like the other driver was not driving safely given the visibility and the road conditions. As for the speeding, I guess the police will be able to prove whether she was or not, if they decide to get involved (don't think they bother though, unless there are serious injuries)

As long as she's ok, and no-one was hurt, that's the main thing. Beyond that, I'd let the insurance companies battle it out...

·
Soldier of Fortune
1,806 Posts
As above let the insurance sort it - seems it would be tricky for either party to prove or disprove anything. No witnesses? Police won't get involved unless there is injury.

Good that nobody was hurt though.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
well from the first pic i take it she came out that junction and turned right?

id say the parked cars are to blame but if thats not applicable then it would be the other driver as how the road looks to me the driver coming the other way should have seen well before they hit.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
i suspect that unless it can be proved that the other guy was speeding then your wife will be to blame , sorry :(

·
Registered
264 Posts
sorry to be the bearer of bad new but as your wife was joining a main road she will be held to blame,regardless of circumstances due to fact the person that hit her was driving along a main road and your wife pulled out,insurance view is it was her responsibility to make sure she was clear to make manovure safely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts