Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She Still polishe's up nicely..also treated the leather to a bit of nice balm...backseat's unused,the rear is as it left the factory,absolutley no wear to anything,front passenger seat better than the driver's...i broke the lumbar with my 17stone fat arse a few month's back,it made quite a funny sound when it went..it litterally went Biong!!..
it's the only thing that is broken..
Ha...but hold on..i am a bit auspicious..the speedo now reading 58'666...hope it ain't an omen..
Last time she was mot'd the new guy(old john had a heart attack but is okay and still pop's into his old garage)..commented on the exhaust and asked where i got it, anyhow he said his mate had an exhaust made by tony/tommy bank's..and said it's identical.???well puzzled..who is he..
Anyhow..BTW...
All Elvie's mot's are at the moment advisory free..except her first one..when i did not own her in 08..i got her in 09..
God know's what it could of failed at 3yrs old..i got her at 4yrsold for the tidy sum of £5,500 sterling..having only 39k miles..barely run in..now showing 58k..oh and 666 miles..lol...
For 16 years old she ain't bad..ice cold air con,though did get that serviced and refreshed about 4/5 yr ago...
All her light's are fine,brake disc's hardly worn as well..mtec grilled&drilled...
Shockie's..no sign of leak's/misting..
She has covered about 600 miles since her last one..so better not fail...i hate the feeling i get in my gut the few day's before..born worrybag...
Will post again this week...
Ps..Hoping i can find some kind soul..with payment of course...to fix my Rover for me..need's new steering rack& pump...that's it...got a belter of a 2.0 twin cam..she fire's up and drive's....somewhat..steering knackered..
Do not want to scrap her...does anyone know how many of the 2 litre 400 rover's are left??
Engine sound's Beautiful...

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Resident Wrestling Legend
4,055 Posts
the lumbar is very very easy to fix
IF
you can get the lumbar knob off
otherwise you can struggle for ages
it'll either be the cable that's snapped or the plastic thats broken
they are the same across the range unless you have climate seats or the st seats and even then you can modify them to fit
mine is due tomorrow too but it's still broken so it'll have to wait
good luck :)

·
Mosquito
Mondeo MK 3 2.2 TDCI Ghia X
376 Posts
She Still polishe's up nicely..also treated the leather to a bit of nice balm...backseat's unused,the rear is as it left the factory,absolutley no wear to anything,front passenger seat better than the driver's...i broke the lumbar with my 17stone fat arse a few month's back,it made quite a funny sound when it went..it litterally went Biong!!..
it's the only thing that is broken..
Ha...but hold on..i am a bit auspicious..the speedo now reading 58'666...hope it ain't an omen..
Last time she was mot'd the new guy(old john had a heart attack but is okay and still pop's into his old garage)..commented on the exhaust and asked where i got it, anyhow he said his mate had an exhaust made by tony/tommy bank's..and said it's identical.???well puzzled..who is he..
Anyhow..BTW...
All Elvie's mot's are at the moment advisory free..except her first one..when i did not own her in 08..i got her in 09..
God know's what it could of failed at 3yrs old..i got her at 4yrsold for the tidy sum of £5,500 sterling..having only 39k miles..barely run in..now showing 58k..oh and 666 miles..lol...
For 16 years old she ain't bad..ice cold air con,though did get that serviced and refreshed about 4/5 yr ago...
All her light's are fine,brake disc's hardly worn as well..mtec grilled&drilled...
Shockie's..no sign of leak's/misting..
She has covered about 600 miles since her last one..so better not fail...i hate the feeling i get in my gut the few day's before..born worrybag...
Will post again this week...
Ps..Hoping i can find some kind soul..with payment of course...to fix my Rover for me..need's new steering rack& pump...that's it...got a belter of a 2.0 twin cam..she fire's up and drive's....somewhat..steering knackered..
Do not want to scrap her...does anyone know how many of the 2 litre 400 rover's are left??
Engine sound's Beautiful...

Go on a diet 😁
There is a site called howmanyleft which should give you an answer to your Rover question.
I thought your mondy was called mondog, not elvie. I think I prefer mondog 😁😁

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jack..i picked the word mondog as somebody on the forum(long time ago) used it to describe his motor..i liked it..but i'm a bit of a fraud.
With the reg plate ending LVW i sort of idily started reffering to her as LV....and before you say it the W doe'snt stand for
Willy The ?anker!!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MOT...passed..again with no advisories...and fresh oil&filter...
Running sweet...that stomach feeling now evaporated...
Hopefully another year of babying her about...cept when nobody is looking..sound's addictive on full chat
Hoping you all okay at TalkFord,the night's are drawing in,and look's like winter is slowly creeping it's way in..Stay Safe Folk's.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go on a diet
There is a site called howmanyleft which should give you an answer to your Rover question.
I thought your mondy was called mondog, not elvie. I think I prefer mondog
Jack..diet's don't work..weighed 16st 10 last time on scale's..i'm 6ft 3in..so i hide it well..it's not that i look fat..far from it..but the scale's don't lie..would like a straight 15st..
Now actually starving yourself does seem to work..same height at 18, but back then weighed about 12 max...lol..

·
Mosquito
Mondeo MK 3 2.2 TDCI Ghia X
376 Posts
Big man 😁,

The only calories I use now is when working on the ‘mondrog’, (don’t want to be a copycat) 😁
My weight has increased recently, as I’m putting more cals in my mouth, than using !

I’m finding that as I am getting older, I can still do the talk, but far less of the walk !
Don’t forget that as you get older, you get shorter, I’m only 6 ft. now 😥

1 - 7 of 7 Posts