Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people

I'm wondering if anyone can give me any personal experiences with these leads.

I put a set on my V6 a year ago and was sure the car did not run as good but thought it must be my imagination and left them. I recently develped a mis fire and put my original ford leads back on to find the car definalty ran better!

The leads where sent back and repaired but I'm in 2 minds whether to put them back on.

Any thoughts lads?? :whistling:

G

·
Run them on both of our 200's and have had no problems in the two years they have been on.

I would suggest putting them back on and seeing what you think then.

Jeff

·
Yo
3,304 Posts
Got a set on my car, never been a problem in two years and having been fitted to two cars! I would not say they made any improovements over standard leads, and are probably not worth the extra money, but then they will probably last longer than standard maybe. Nothing wrong with them though.

·
MEG Colonel
5,324 Posts
if they are repaired then should be as good as a new set now

what was wrong with them did they say?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The cause of the mis fire was a split in one of the plug caps caused by me crimping it when after changing the plugs it wouldn't grip the plug anymore. :blush:

From the day I fitted them I thought something was up, the car didn't seem to start as quick and when pulling away with little revs the car seemed to shudder like it wanted to stall. The original leads have confirmed this, ie starts as soon as you crank it, feels more lively pulling away!

Maybe there was always something wrong with them but Magnecor will never admit it and said the only problem was me crimping a couple of them. Funny though a set of leads won't grip the plugs after plugs have been changed twice! They said I had fitted them wrong, errr...push on pull off!!

Thanks for the replys guys! :L

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.