Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Back in a Mondeo
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found out a new trick for the intermitten wipers on my car and I was wondering if the same would happen to the mondeo.

As my car is bottom of the range, it only has the 3 speed wiper settings, intermitten, on, and fast. I've recently found out that I can manually change the speed of the intermitten. Obviously this doesn't apply to cars with the 6 speed wiper thing.

Anyway, the trick is, switch on the intermitten wipers (wipers operate once), then switch them off, wait for the desired time (eg 5 seconds) and then switch them back on. The wipers will then operate at 5 second intervals. If you do the above procedure but wait, say 2 seconds, they'll operate at 2 second intervals, and so on for ten second intervals etc etc.

Please note, my car is a MK3 Golf and I was wondering if this trick would work for any of the mondeos on here?

Give it a go!

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
i dont think we need to do that when we got 6 speed settings lol.

·
Couch Potato
2,944 Posts
So what happens if you switch them on, wipers operate, switch them off, go for a 30 minute drive then switch them on again, will they then wipe once every 30 minutes.. :whistling: LOL

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
lmao!!! thats funny but i dont think that would work lol.

·
Ugly Little Mo Fo
3,428 Posts
my truck has this setting, why they can't just put in a six speed control is beyond me :eyesup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.