Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've got a MK II Saloon, currently running a Kenwood 5 channel 1,000 watt into the door speakers (upped to be Infinity Reference 5*7 x-overd speakers)& a Rockford Fossgate Punch 12" sub. This is all run from the standard Ford 5000 head unit, but is not as good as I want it!

I would love a proper boot build, and a way of getting it into the main cabin (being a saloon kind of attenuates the bass) If anyone has any ideas, or a boot build they'd like to sell, let me know!

If you've done a boot build for a MK II Saloon, maybe post some pics so I can get an idea what to aim for?

Thanks all!

DW

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm in a similar situation myself mate.

As far as I can tell there's no easy route into the cabin from the boot...the only thing I can think is to mount a subwoofer in an infinite baffle configuration (i.e. using the boot as it's airspace) and hoping for the best, but the woofer I have can do this without too much hassle, so it could be a possibility.

The alternative is to deaden as much of the boot as is humanly possible, and then just sling as much power through the woofer as possible - I had it running from half a kilowatt in my old car, and that was overpowering with the gains set VERY low and the remote sub level on about three (of 15)...so hopefully that will help too.

The way I see it, the most sound you'll hear - in terms of the number of octaves covered - comes from the front end, so I'm putting as much power up there as possible. Passive just wouldn't cut it, so I'm going to be running half a kilowatt to the mids (250w RMS each) and 150w to the tweets (75w RMS each)and hope for the best!

As soon as I get a clear day and a bit of time, I'll investigate the rear shelf and see if there's any way I can perforate it a bit more to allow the bass into the cabin. I'm sure it's doable, just not perfect.

B

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
if you got an arm rest that would help

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
hi mate i am selling this hatchback mk2 professional boot build (minus subs and amps) with a proper false floor etc, it could be easily adapted to fit a saloon. it was done to look sort of "factory" rather than OTT chav max power styley lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mondeo-Mk2-Mk1-hatchback-professional-ICE-boot-install_W0QQitemZ5878218126QQcategoryZ1498QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and i'm not too far away from you :)

also i could sell you an additional 12" rockford sub so that both sub holes would be filled in the install!

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
niceeeeeeee :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice looking install!

Pretty certain it wouldn't go in the saloon though - things like the boot lid legs will fould it.

Good luck with the sale though!

DW.

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
it may just need the side panels next to the main sub box tweaked (not a hard job)

back to the original question. an additional 12" sub would assist base big time. also a EQ and base cube, more powerful amp, you could fit front footwell subs and/or large components in the front doors.

i sat in a st24 saloon at a show with an install virtually the same as mine with the twin 12" JLW3 subs, focal components, etc and the bass was immense.

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
just found a pic of that ST24 saloon:

its got the same sub box as mine, and i can see the side panels which i have either side of the sub box should fit in a piece of p1ss.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts