Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to re-hash long done and dusted threads. I've waded through all the available posts and wondered if anybody could give me some clarification on MCA Sat Nav fitment. To summarise I'm changing the Sony DAB single cd to MCA in my 12 plate face-lift Mondeo
I've fitted factory GPS in the Rain Sensor and fitted new aerial loom down to centre console. Got Loop adapter BB.
I know I need the DAB Module, but can't see the grey 10 way plug. I've seen on here a quadlock harness radio to car loom, is this a part that we can actually buy or are these said harness made up. I can see the quadlock at the rear of the set, but it appears to be part of a whole dash harness branching off to Bluetooth etc.
Really don't fancy cutting in to the main harness for sake of DAB.
Sorry again for raising an old issue, any help is appreciated.
Andy:cool:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi,

im about to do the same thing and have the same problem! I’ve ensured that the DAB module comes with a short length of cable and the connector. So I’ve bought a quad lock all pins male/female cable which is about 6 inches long. I’m going to splice the 10 pin cable into that and make a plug-in adapter to avoid having to cut into the factory wiring loom. I’ll let you know how I get on 👍

·
Registered
327 Posts
That's really helpful. Where did you source the quadlock from and is there a wiring diagram somewhere for pin allocation.
Sorry for slow response.

I got mine from eBay, it was £15 or so and came from Germany, this is the title:

1:1 Most Quadlock on Quadlock Extension 30cm Plug Socket Cable Adapter

As far as the pin outs are concerned, I just Googled Quad Lock Ford and then selected Images - it them comes up with masses of pictures showing exactly what you are after. BE CAREFUL about making sure you understand whether you are looking at the front or back of the connector.

A small word of warning on the cable that will come attached/plugged into the DAB module. The audio L & R pairs have 2 wires to each of the pins - goodness knows why. So that means you will end up with 2 extra wires at the end of things - thinking you e made a mistake.

keep us posted - Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, I had Sony with DAB but still checked and I've got the grey box in the tailgate which States AM/FM/DAB. I did use Fakra Z cables to extend the black lead to module and a female to female from pink to radio. Actually receiving stations now strangley since removing everything to check connectors. But main issue now is no sound on DAB, locates Station and displays Station text, ie what track is playing but no noise. Could this be aux lines, I didn't use a quadlock extension, just piggybacked into existing wires in block A and put new pins into block B

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your reply, I'll pull the set back out and check!! I did use your wiring guide but not convinced the pins are fully located as they seemed loose. Am I to understand that if the set displays stations and station information that all other connections are sound.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts