Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
Here's the first of my lot from this year's MEGaPod....

....Click on individual piccies to see them in a larger size (1024x768 px approx)

·
23,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
23,164 Posts

·
23,164 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
hope you dont mind me tagging into this thread ( but as i only have a handfull of decent piccies ( did not take that many ) & 2 of these piccies are not even mine, ( taken by Col_tubbs on my camera
)

but i am chuffed to little monkey bits with one of them, see if you can spot it

Wheel Tire Car Cloud Land vehicle
Cloud Sky Tire Vehicle Wheel
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Sky - just after this piccy was taken this mota went off coarse & fishtaled a couple of times & slapped the wall before being caught & driven on a little way ( its about this spot where the accident started to happen
- this is NOT the good piccy i mention either )

these 2 were taken by col_tubbs - i just did a rough crop & nothing more

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive design
Vehicle Car Tire Automotive design Asphalt

this is the piccy i am over the moon with & like all the decent piccies i have managed to fluke to date, i have no idea how i managed such a cracking piccy - this is as the camera took it - only action is to resize to 800 width.

Tire Wheel Cloud Vehicle Car

Attachments

·
23,164 Posts
Nae bother

Who's driving the Mk4 Martin? Is it Phil-Rhinestone?

Here's some of PodZilla, I'm quite pleased with a few of them seeing as my 1/4-mile ones look like the cars are parked up

(as-per above, it's best to click on the image to see it in a larger size)

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
i hope its phils ( there appears to be a red S on the front grill just like on his
)

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
Some good pics there, Andy

Why have you got standard ST200 alloys on? Thought you were getting RS7s?
Bernie's still looks cool, although needs to be lower!!!

Some cool stuff there, looks like it was cold though!

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts
Nice pics, Andy...Shame I couldn't make this one..How come Squelch didn't run his Car?.....

Was it the cable ties holding the engine in?

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Nice pics, Andy...Shame I couldn't make this one..How come Squelch didn't run his Car?.....

He was going to - had a race number assigned and was in the queue for the track. But as its open topped, the marshalls wouldn't let him on without arm straps. The build is proper tidy on that car

Top pics there, Andy!

·
23,164 Posts
.....Why have you got standard ST200 alloys on? Thought you were getting RS7s?...
They're the ones I got from Leicester back in Oct/Nov 11 for £150; came fitted with (virtually) new Uniroyal Rain-Sport tyres and new centre caps Marn. I did a full refurb on them and have had them on the car since Dec/Jan.

If a set of good RS7s come up I'll have them, otherwise I'm very happy with the stock Alloys fitted. The car runs very nicely with them on; not long done a 1100 mile trip up & around Scotchland and they were brill for the long haul motorway journeys etc.

I've now got a 5th ST200 alloy, courtesy of Dan (Twiggy27), who passed it across yto me at MEGaPod yesterday. So I've got a piece of the GOF now. Cheers Dan

·
MEG Colonel
5,987 Posts

He was going to - had a race number assigned and was in the queue for the track. But as its open topped, the marshalls wouldn't let him on without arm straps. The build is proper tidy on that car

Top pics there, Andy!
[/quote]

Cheers i will admit there are bits i think i could have done better and will probably change in the not to distant future
but its not too bad for a first build

Sorry for leaving early but i was trying to miss as much rain as poss

·
23,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you manage to dodge the rain all the way back to Oxon, Simon? It hammered it down around 2:30pm at Santa Pod

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts

Top pics there, Andy!
[/quote]

Cheers i will admit there are bits i think i could have done better and will probably change in the not to distant future

[/quote]

The cable tie statement was made in jest, I did try to add an emoticon but I can't get them to work for some reason...I'd really have liked to have a gander cus its something I've always hoped to have a crack at building a kit car.....

Was it the insulation tape holding the exhaust on?...

·
MEG Colonel
5,987 Posts
i went through a few small showers near northampton but they were very light once i'd got south of the M40 it was blue skies

Nah the exhaust is held on with the cable ties this time (the tape came loose to many times)

its actually good fun building a kit car until you get to the DVLA and VOSA parts as they really are a law unto themselves

·
AKA The Twigg!
9,331 Posts

Top pics there, Andy!
[/quote]

[/quote]

told you the plug idea was a goodun simon!!

Dan

·
AKA The Twigg!
9,331 Posts
.....Why have you got standard ST200 alloys on? Thought you were getting RS7s?...
They're the ones I got from Leicester back in Oct/Nov 11 for £150; came fitted with (virtually) new Uniroyal Rain-Sport tyres and new centre caps Marn. I did a full refurb on them and have had them on the car since Dec/Jan.

If a set of good RS7s come up I'll have them, otherwise I'm very happy with the stock Alloys fitted. The car runs very nicely with them on; not long done a 1100 mile trip up & around Scotchland and they were brill for the long haul motorway journeys etc.

I've now got a 5th ST200 alloy, courtesy of Dan (Twiggy27), who passed it across yto me at MEGaPod yesterday. So I've got a piece of the GOF now. Cheers Dan

[/quote]

no worries andy. last piece of the GOF is gone to a good home there. know you will look after it. was the coffee and cookie more expensive than 99p though?

Dan

·
at Vanishing Point....
3,994 Posts
If a set of good RS7s come up I'll have them,
Nowt wrong with a set of RS7's, as shown on the Verona X (starting to show their age and the miles they've covered now though) Good ones are hard to come by second hand, and Owain certainly seems to find them. Hence we have 4 cars each with a set of 17" RS7's on them lol.

·
Daft
3,079 Posts
Yep! Tis me in the black Mk4. Cracking shot! I'd love a full size copy if you'd care to send us one?
Can I PM you a suitable email addy?

Only just seen these on here today. Great Pics everyone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts