Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ive used 2/3 of the bottle now and im not impressed i wont be buying or usingi t again.

no performance increase at all (wasnt expecting any)
worse mpg

the last 2 tanks i forgot to put it in and im getting better mpg now than when iwas using the stuff so its not always as good as its cracked up to be. only thing i can think of is its because the car has been looked after all its life, the egr hasnt been touched on this and it dosent smoke at all and emmisions are super low! so it must be at optimum as it is.

so the verdict is if your cars running fine and no smoke dont bother using it, if your car isnt running right and smoking, first consider a fuel filter change then consider using this stuff after.

·
Couch Potato
2,944 Posts
I use it in mine more for its lubricating properties rather than mpg or power increases, hoping that it may help prevent total failure of the pump in case of minor water ingresses.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Essex_racer if your having probs (as i mentioned above) this stuff is probably best as it lasts longer and is more concerntrate and better value for money overall. if your cars going fine its not worth using unless your not too bothered about the mpg.

kithmo your obviously not bothered about mpg i can see your point why your using it though, i bought mine for ecconomy mostly although the power is nice too but i dont use it that often lol.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
redex used to be the biz for petrol engines anyway i used touse it myself but now i wont have a petrol car again.

·
Now in the Far East...
2,727 Posts
Normally use redex, not noticing any major difference...

seen this on fleabay.. anyone heard about these and know what good this can do?

ACP diesel fuel system cleaner...

Link

Phil

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i used forte was a waste of money for me iwas told to use it to get my last car through mot, it didnt make a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.