Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys the mondy isnt so well right now, it seems to hesitate and miss a little when i rev at lowish rpm's, for example say if im sat on the motorway at around 60, and then i rev to pull away it seems to hesitate/misfire and then its fine once its wound up say after 4k.

Does this sound like dodgy leads and plugs, it has been a while since they were done, i was going to do them at the same time as when i do the secondary cleansing task!!! wheres the best place to buy the leads, i need a cheap set (im only keeping the car for 3 months!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine does the same but reading other posts, I aint to concerned. Mine is getting more regular as it only used to miss a beat at around 1200 rpm but now it is the same at 1800 rpm and 2200 rpm. I think others have sworn by replacing the leads with actual ford replacements but i think the issue is more of an annoyance rather than soemthing that is going to knacker the engine (Please put me right if I am wrong in that assumption?)

Cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
I didnt realise that this is the v6 forum, I am not that lucky with my 1.8 GLX so forget me last post as I based my assumption on my engine!

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
well you need to try the cheap things first mate even if you are getting rid of car or not
1.leave the battrey off over night so it will reset the ECU , this does solve silly probs like that , please note though if you have the Ford radio unit you will lose the code , if you have the code type it in after you done the disconecting the battrey
2.give the plugs a good clean and check the gap on them
3.have a look down the ends of the HT leads make sure you have no rust spots etc
4.on the back of the coil pack if you stand in front of the engine on the right hand side there is a littl earth strap , make sure thats clean.
5.make sure you dont have a blocked air filter or fuel filter.
6.if worst comes to worst give the secs a very good clean.
7.Run some RedX though the fuel tank to clean out all the fuel lines.

they are the things i would first go though mate :L

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one mate, thats the sort of things i wanted to know, it is in need of a service but i dont really want to spend alot as im getting a company and the St-24's aint worth too much now so i dont want to be spending 2-300 pounds on the damn thing.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Take the plugs out and look for this :- (common on Zetecs)

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
wohoo said:
Nice one mate, thats the sort of things i wanted to know, it is in need of a service but i dont really want to spend alot as im getting a company and the St-24's aint worth too much now so i dont want to be spending 2-300 pounds on the damn thing.
how did you get on mate :L

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have solved my Mondy. Changed Oil, Oil Filter, Spark Plugs & Air filter and ran soem injector cleaner. Can does not stutter at all now, even when struggling the engine!

What I have noticed though is it is drinking a lot moe petrol! I have taken the battery off tonight to see if a reset to the ECU will help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts