Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MEG Sergeant
1,308 Posts
The 2.0 on mk1 exits on the right of the car 2.0 on mk2 exits on left of the car 1.6 and 1.8 are the same though. I think the V6 is the same on both aswell

·
Registered
219 Posts
Im not sure thats true on all version of the mk2,
I have a mk1 2.0lxi my mate has the mk2 si and his exhaust is the same as mine, o/s exit. if its the tdi too on both mk1 and mk2 they exit on the n/s.

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
All petrol 4 pots ones can be swapped about, only think is some MK1s will loose a back box, not a problem, I took two of the three off my old one

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah, i was thinking of doing the same thing to mine, ive cut the cat box open and took both filters out, they are like house bricks i couldnt believe it! and then i was going to cut straight through the centre resonator box, remove the left hand side resonator box and re-route the pipe straight to a new piper box, decided against it though now, going straight for a piper cat back stainless steel exhaust system, unless theres a better one out there for less than £280

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.