Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Little Megger
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang! Just fitted a new front fog light to match the insurance claim one as the old one was yellowed n shite lookin.Took 2 mins to fit n looks great but I did notice the other new one had condensation on the back of the glass.Any ways around this? as I dont want these ones going all dull n yellow like the old ones. Cheers peeps.

·
Little Megger
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol,ok.....FOG......feel old calling them fog lights but everybody seems to drive all the time with them on....apart from when its foggy,lol.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts

·
Gigging Muso
2,438 Posts
:S doesn't stop them from blindin people though does it?

Remember it's still illegal, much like having your rear fog light on. Which lawfully, hasn't had to be needed yet even with the fog that's been around.

I always make sure I hold my full beams up to anyone who's driving towards me with fog lights on when it's not foggy

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
i believe position wise the foglights shouldn't actually point upwards, they are to see low down, side of the road/kerbs etc... they shouldn't blind people if set up correctly.

i'll "big flash" back mate... all 6. lol

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
they are to see low down, side of the road/kerbs etc... they shouldn't blind people if set up correctly.
straight forward is not upwards into car front/rear windows then. mk2 mondeo foglight height approx 300mm, beam projection approx upto 600mm ish. Windscreens are at about 900mm.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts

Attachments

·
Little Megger
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not after laser beams thanks tho,lol.Am in the process of fitting a dragonlight torch to my pushbike,dip those lights plz,lol. Just trying to get a solution to stop the condensation build up on back of the glass lens cover.Think its because of where they are mounted infront of front wheels.Thought about maybe silicone...bit permanent for bulb changing or a good coating of grease around the twist collar??? cheers peeps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts