Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ive got a mark 2 estate diesel, and theres a hatch si, in my local scrappy, backwindows are manual on them and front are leccy, was wondering exactly what parts do i need to upgrade to leccy windows, i know the switch obvisouly, and the door cards, which ill be gettin, are the wiring looms in the doors already? and is it true that if i want rear leccys then ill have to change the floor loom? anyway the si only has fornt leccys, so was just gunna swap them, but dont know what i need. also are the seats in the si leccy? if so, when i fit them is it possible to manually adjust them as i dont have leccy seats in mine atm.

thanks laot in advance

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
You will need door looms i'd imagine. I think the floor loom that is in your car should be able to deal with front leccy windows. However, you will also need the motors, the regulators (metal runners) There is no way of manually adjusting the electric seats either so if you want them then you will need to get the floor loom. If you want rear electric windows you will need the floor loom.

Also just to warn you that if you get the floor loom from a hatch the cables for the rear lights, rear wiper, and heated rear screen etc, will not reach as your car is obviously longer.

·
at Vanishing Point....
3,994 Posts
The floorloom in your car, as said above, should be able to cope with front electric windows. You'll more than likely need the door looms, window motor regulators and the switches. Oh and the door cards :L

For all four windows to be powered, you'd need the ghia/ghia X floor loom, and all four door looms. Also all four window motor/regulators.

The floorloom for the windows/central locking does not extend into the boot for the rear lights, so there's no need to source a loom from an estate, as a Hatch/saloon loom will suffice :L

Some of the lower spec floor looms have the power outlet for electric seats on them already. I might be installed in the box under the drivers seat - it should have a blanking plug in the end - or it might be tucked under the carpet. Either way, it'd be best to check with the drivers seat removed so you could pull the carpet up and have a good look.

·
at Vanishing Point....
3,994 Posts
mikesmondy said:
The floorloom for the windows/central locking does not extend into the boot for the rear lights
When I changed mine for 4 electric windows I had to change all that stuff as well. Was all part of one big loom!
Maybe it is then. :question: But I don't remember having to remove anything further back than a few plug sockets under the rear seat squab when I upgraded my Verona to Ghia X leather and 4 electrics... :sad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.