Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:tongue: noob needs help finding loom to connect fmflk. I have removed the housing the light installs into but can't find the connector. What does the provided jumper wire connect to?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
if i have grasped the post correctly then you need to be looking at the right hand side of the car ( looking from the front ) and following the air intake snorkel bit thats behind the grill down till it vanishes out of sight, you need to reach down & have a feel round where the pipe vanishes and clipped to that pipe just out of sight is the connector you need.

Well thats where it was on my mondy & a fair few others on here have found it in exactly the same place

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply but . . .

. . . had a look where you suggested - need to take the front grill off to find the snorkel. Followed the snorkel all the way to the light housing - no connector. Had another look around and attached to a bulkhead immediately next to the nearside headlight in front of the horn is a connector with a red blanking plug in it. It comes off the main loom via the n/s headlight. Could this be the puppy ? If so is the jumper wire (see link) which is provided with the kit a Y cable which feeds both lights ?

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FPU&Product_Code=FMFLK&Category_Code=MM1

Would really like some help from someone who's done this.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
that could be the plug, going by the location.

just been out & taken a few piccies of mine ( and found my description missing a bit - remove the passenger headlight for better access )

I just followed the snorkel down till it went out of sight & then for the second & 3rd pic i had pulled the bottom bit of the snorkel out of the rest of the pipework under there ( goes back in easy enough ) you can now see the little holes in it for whatever reason they are there for & then it also reveals the plug that was attached to it clipped into one of the holes.

piccies of the plug so you know what your looking for just incase ford have put it in a different place on yours :L

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup! that's the one I found in the location I described. Thanks very much for your efforts and getting your hands dirty to help a Noob. Do you know the answer to my question about the Jumper cable? Is it a Y cable that feeds both lights ?

With this last question answered I can order the kit .

Thanks again. :tongue:

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
trust ford to put the plugs in different places every now & then :}

yes, its a cable that feeds both lights from that one plug. ( well thats what my local dealer said when i made enquiries a while back - also backed up by a few on here that i have spoken to )

if the price on that website is what they are charging + postage then you may want to get to your nearest dealer and buy the bits seperate as then you can buy the better switch that has the instrument light dimmer on it as well for almost the same price altogether ( fogs = around £60 each, £20 ish for the cable needed, £60-£65 ish for the light switch with the extra dimmer on it ) thats what i got quoted by my local dealer and if i ordered the lot together thay may have been able to give a decent discount too with a little nagging :) so its at least worth a try ( if you have a dealer nearby that is ) before you spend the money on the link above. :L

( just looked at the link again & it has bulbs too & i dont think the quotes i got included bulbs, its still worth making enquiries about anyway if the dimmer for the instruments would be useful. )

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally got all this working. The advice about the switch with the dimmer was spot on - and this switch is cheaper than the one without dimmer. Supply and demand affects prices I'm told by Benfield !

The jumper wire that was ordered to fit my vehicle had the wrong connectors on it so they ordered the wrong one and that had the right connectors on it.

Once I had all the correct parts it was easy apart from the push clip which held the connector to the bulkhead. Getting that loose was a real fight.

The only thing I remain unsure about is alignment. The Haynes manual gives some instructions for basic set up which I've followed but it's all a bit fuzzy. Haven't had to use them in anger yet so I guess I'll be wiser once that happens.

A very big thank you to Martin for his help. :L

P.S. seat belt hack works a treat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.