Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Big Megger
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my wife a Mk4 Fiesta, 1.4 16V, Lovely little car. The only problem I can see is that on startup the car seems to rev to at least 2000rpm, then slowly settles down, also when changing gear or coming to a stop it holds the revs for a really long time before dropping. It also idles when hot at 1000rpm which i know is to high.
Does anybody have any suggestions what might be wrong or a cure for this??

Thanks

Mark

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
My old MK1 mondeo did the same thing.

That will bug me now, as I did cure it, I think it might have been a vacume pipe.

·
MEG Admiral
2,209 Posts
Look at the wiring loom on the engine, there should be a large square multi-plug near the bulkhead (grey iirc). Remove and reconnect that a couple of times.
Then remove fuse 33 in the under-bonnet fusebox for a couple of minutes.

·
Big Megger
451 Posts
Mate of mine has a fiesta, and it does the same thing (or did). I think it was the connection to the EFI bit on top of the intake (if theres more than one, then he did them all), IIRC he took it off, cleaned it with WD40, stuck it back together and its been fine since...

·
MEG Corporal
533 Posts
my mk1 mondy did that it was the power steering switch it stops the car from stalling when on full lock by speeding up the engine mine was u/s renewed then ok dont know where it is though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.