Ford Automobiles Forum banner

MK 4 Titanium X Head Unit Headache

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  andrew_1967 
#1 ·
Good afternoon fellow ford type people.

I am after some information regarding a proposed head unit change in my MK 4 Mondeo TDCi 2.0 Titanium X Estate.
I’ve gone back to the trusty Mondeo after my Peugeot was written off before Christmas.
The Peugeot had a really good Kenwood touch screen double din head unit with car play / DAB / sat nav / Bluetooth / DVD / Reversing Camera and an Amp, which I want to have reinstalled into the Mondeo. BUT FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CAN’T FIND A FACIA ADAPTER TO FIT MY CAR!!
All of the available adapters seem to be for the oval shaped Sony units fitted to many
mondeo’s, but mine appears to be the Blaupunkt Travelpilot touch screen, with the climate controls integrated into the lower portion of the radio facia.
I’d love to know if anyone has overcome this, and how they did it please.
links to products would be a great help if possible please.

Thanks in advance.
Andy.

White Blue Plant Automotive design Gadget

See less See more
#2 ·
The satnav and the silver surround with the hazard/defrost switches etc is one whole unit.
To change to a regular double din headunit is an easy job but does require a few parts, I would suggest having a look at - How to replace NX with single or double din

#3 ·
The satnav and the silver surround with the hazard/defrost switches etc is one whole unit.
To change to a regular double din headunit is an easy job but does require a few parts, I would suggest having a look at - How to replace NX with single or double din
Hi Mark.
Most helpful thank you. Definitely gives me something to chew on.
I’ve been following a couple of threads on here regarding the Tesla style head unit, and I must say, if I get the right model / make, this also seems to be a good way of retaining the features I’ve been used to, so I may also look there too?

#4 ·
They are an option, I've not used one myself as I've always been concerned with "what if it goes wrong" is there going to be any support for it.

Reactions: andrew_1967
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.