Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there quick story.
This morning I looked out of my window at my car parked across the road and it looked open from the wing mirror position.
I pressed lock on the fob and the car beeped at me, but the car did appear to lock as the wing mirror's position changed. I locked and unlocked the vehicle a few times to observe if the beeping continued when I pressed lock button on the fob. The indicators etc also failed to flash as normal when the car was locking.
I walked out to the car and as I approached was able to see that the glovebox etc had been ransacked.
Also some items had been taken from the boot.
My question is does anyone have any idea how these people got in to the car and what the beeping signalled when I pressed lock on the fob.
Many thanks.
B

·
Ford Fan
306 Posts
Mine will beep the horn twice if I try and lock it with a door or the boot partially open. Only on double lock though, if I only press the lock button once, it doesn't beep.

·
Super Moderator
30,347 Posts
MK5 what?

·
Registered
Mondeo MK5 Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
551 Posts
My MK5 Mondeo only beeps if doors or tailgate aren't shut properly and it cant complete the lock cycle

From the Owners handbook

Mislock
This warns you that your vehicle has not locked.
When you press the lock button once, the direction indicators do not flash if:
  • Any door or the luggage compartment is open.
  • The hood is open on vehicles that have an anti-theft alarm or remote start.
When you press the lock button again within three seconds, the horn sounds indicating that your vehicle has pre-locked while a door is open.You can switch this feature on or off in the Information Display.See Information Displays.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I would like to know how they got in your mk5 mondog without damaging the lock's/glass..
Have heard horror stories about car's completely vanashing..aparentley using a lap top??

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would like to know how they got in your mk5 mondog without damaging the lock's/glass..
Have heard horror stories about car's completely vanashing..aparentley using a lap top??

Same, there is a strong chance it was my error as I had been wrangling a muddy 2 year old the day before, however, I'm fairly careful. I have chosen to consider it my fault and see how things unfold over the next few months regarding any return visits.

·
Registered
Mondeo MK5 Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
551 Posts

Sadly from the original post it appears as if the car was left unlocked.

Mine did this after getting my weekly shopping car beeped and no indicator flash. So I investigated and discovered the hatch hadn't latched. Same thing happens if the doors aren't properly shut

Sorry misread the original post missed that it was in the morning the beeping and non flashing indicators happened
Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts