Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would a mk1/2 maff fit a mk3? im specifically thinking diesels as i know the maff on the mk3 is fixed to the lid of the airbox.

had a look at a tdci maff the other day it had 4 wires and so does my old TD one.

reason i ask is because to get a cone on there what you going to do with the maff? unless you get an expensive kit, so if the mk1/2 maff would fit the mk3 would be an ideal mod.

id try it myself if i had a mk3 lol.

·
MEG Corporal
631 Posts
mk1/2 are different never mind 3 as well - well blacktop/silvertop are different (blacktop 6 wires iirc) silvertop 4 wires i think.

The blacktop maf incorporates the air temp sensor.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well my TD one has 4 and so does the tdci i expect the TDDI would be the same too ?

i heard that theres differences on the petrol ones but iwas only aware of v6 being different to the 4 pot petrols.

could someone get a nice close pic of the mk3 maff tddi ? or tdci please id say theyre probably the same.

·
MEG Corporal
631 Posts
I might be looking at a totally differnt part - but i cant find a MAF sensor that looks anything like the mk1/mk2 MAF in the mk3 catalogue.

·
MEG Corporal
1,091 Posts
my mk3 has not got maf any where near the air box don't know where it is , must be somewhere. still runs ok though

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well on my td i had an airbox right and a pipe on it which was removable on this pipe you had the little square thing on the top and a wiring connector going to it with 4 wires that is the maff isnt it?

well i have seen a mk3 TDDI engine bay a while ago johnnyb's car and on his its fixed to the lid of the airbox which you couldnt remove it like you can on the mk2 TD.

i see you have a 2.0tdci gezz you must have seen it unless you had a K&N when you got it.

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
all different mafs for different cars are calibrated for the capacity of the injectors. put the wrong calibrated maf on the wrong car and it wont run properly and will idle wrong, drink fuel, blah de blah.

·
MEG Corporal
1,091 Posts
had standard air box but no maffon pipe from box . the position is there but was sealed so suspect it must be somewhere else on early tdci's

Attachments

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah you mentioned that before i think gezz i remember reading it. anyway i got another question to help me with my research, i need to find out what size jubilee clip i need for where the airbox lid connects to the induction pipe coz im gonna take the one off thats on there and i doubt ill get it back on so want a jubilee clip to replace it.

need to get it off to work out a few things. As mentioned above the mk1/mk2 maff might not work on the mk3 but i have other idea's still using mk3 maff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts