Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I'm currently restoring a '94 Mondeo RSi Hendy and need to replace some of the suspension springs. I'm aware that the Hendy cars came with uprated Eibach springs, however as two of the original springs have been replaced at some point in the past I now need to source two of these Eibachs for the sake of originality.
My question is, which Eibach springs do I need? (I'm thinking they were -30mm???) if someone could offer any advice it would be a great help!
Many thanks, Jon

·
ST200 Limited Ghia X
6,508 Posts
yes you are basically right. I had some on my mk1 and they were blue in colour and about 30mm drop. fordpartsuk used to sell them. id probs go with something different for the price but then you are restoring to og i guess.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Guys,

Just to update, my restoration project is now back on track after being on the back burner for a while!

I have spoken to fordpartsuk but unfortunately they are unable to source a set of these springs (part number 5030395 or 5030397).

Does anyone happen to have any idea of anywhere else that i could try (i am in touch with Eibach direct however i am awaiting a response from a specific department), or alternatively a decent set of -30mm springs that i could use instead?

As always, any help is greatly appreciated!

·
MK3 & MK4 Megger
1,033 Posts
Would be great to see it, love those citrine's.

Just got rid on my mk1 4x4 si saloon :(

I am sure Eibach will make a set for you, bet will charge a pretty penny for them though.

See how much they come in at but would you consider putting a different brand in?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jay; i will see what eibach say but ultimately yes i might have to settle for another make (of course i will pay more for a set of eibachs though as i am keen to stay as original as possible).

re. pics. i will be putting together a build thread before too long to track the progress made so far and the progress that is hopefully to come!

If by some miracle anyone has a set of used Eibach springs as above and would be willing to sell, please give me a shout!

Also, i have done countless hours of research on the citrine cars and the magic 10 that were converted to RSi by Hendy and have quite the info file, but if anyone has any nuggets of info / original press material that you think i may not have seen- again please get in touch. i would be very grateful!

my attitude is that we need to record what we can whilst we can about a once overlooked car. These things are getting rarer by the day (especially the citrines, especially especially the Hendy cars)!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts