Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got some vibration on the front end somewhere, can feel it through the car and steering when i put my foot down, but quitens down at speed, any ideas, before my local ford garage makes me poor :L

·
Big Megger
197 Posts
One of the common faults on the mondeo is the lower arm bushes,which causes different sorts of problems,one of the problems i have found is when the bushes are going/gone under acceleration the steering wheel vibrates and also when turning corners.Check the lower arm bushes first.
Cheers Blokie :L

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just had a quote from frauds, if its the lower arm bushes, they want £120 for each side fitted :shocked: :shocked:

·
Registered
219 Posts
well its difficult if you have no clue what you are looking at, even if you have a manual its still difficult for some, and besides which you will need a ramp especially in this weather, theres no point in jacking it up and working on the floor...

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just got another quote £120 for both sides supplied and fitted, so if this is the problem i'l get it done for the £120 price, although it will not be ford parts, but if it see's me through for a while and its safe that will do me

·
Registered
59 Posts
If it is the lower arms do them yourself m8.

Drivers side is a doddle

Passenger side as we know is the problem,but drop the subframe down on the passenger side a little or raise the box so as to get the bolt the right way up.

Buy them yourself for about £50 non genuine and a couple of you hrs in labour.

Big saving m8 still on £120.

Just my ten bobs worth

Cheers

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it was the front off side drop link, i got it done yestarday at fords for £55, but now it will be probley fooked again with what has just happpened last night

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.