Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pedro 'Si Si I drive ze Coach'
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Please forgive me if this has come up before........

I have a Mk1 Ghia and the plastic crappy bit in both headlights has started to go yellow. I know you can buy replacement plastic lens wossnames from Ford and on Ebay but just the other day I walked passed a "P" reg Mk1 Verona and noticed that the headlights looked different from mine. I took a closer look (must have looked very strange to anyone seeing me) and it seemed to me that the headlights had different internal lens's to mine.

Were the headlights improved by Ford for the later Mk1's?? and did they find a way of removing the crappy plastic internal lens??

TIA

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
The late ones did have filterless headlamp units mate. The glass had the lens instead :L

·
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MScotts said:
The late ones did have filterless headlamp units mate. The glass had the lens instead :L
I thought so. And the glass lens did look different on the Verona too. Wonder how much new replacement complete headlamps would be.....

·
23,164 Posts
Occasionally, there's Mk1s with these headlamps in my local breakers mate. Probs be about £40 the pair... Do you want me to keep an eye out???

·
396 Posts
MScotts said:
Occasionally, there's Mk1s with these headlamps in my local breakers mate. Probs be about £40 the pair... Do you want me to keep an eye out???
Andy that'd be great. After Christmas mind you :whistling: cos our funds are rather tight right now. If you do see a pair let me know and I'll Paypal you the money.

(I'll pay you before you get them mate or you'll be short)

Cheers matey!!

·
23,164 Posts
PT sent :L

·
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Question:

If both types of headlamp are the same shape and size. Whats stopping me getting hold of replacement glass lens's for the later type and fitting them to my older headlamps. Of course I'd remove the crappo plastic yellow lens first from my old units. Tell me why this wouldn't work......

·
Ugly Little Mo Fo
3,428 Posts
i think the reflector is different too(at the rear of the lense)but don't quote me on that as gospel :)

·
23,164 Posts
Yoda said:
i think the reflector is different too(at the rear of the lense)but don't quote me on that as gospel :)
You're right mate, the reflector's different. So it will mean a complete unit change :L

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi guys,
I have exactly the same issue. The lenses are now very yellow. I have a good scrapper not far from me and would be keen to replace both front units. To keep me right, what models should I be looking at to remove lamp units and replace the current ones?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.