Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have some pics of their fuel pumps that they can post. I have had a look at the sticky'Where to get your fuel and boost adjusted' because that had lots of pics in there, but my computer wont load the pics from the first 10 pages or so.

Basicaly I am confused as to which (CAV) fuel pump I have on my late mk1, because it is different from the haynes manual example of a mk1 pump, it is also different from the pump i had on another mk1 (1993), and it dont look like a mk2 pump as far as i am aware??????????????

Can anyone help???????????

PS. I will try to get a pic of my pump uploaded sometime today.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
if your doing the fuelboost on the outside of the pump there is a link to a pic in one of the posts on that thread. It may not look like yours but what you need is in the same location, you probably have a plastic cap over your nut.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have already done the fuelling mods (inside pump and boost fuelling) but I am trying to work out whether my pump has an advance solenoid. My previous mk1 def did not have one, but this pump looks different to that one. Also my car has a wiring loom that looks very simillar to mk2.

Can you post a photo of a mk1 pump?

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
no i cant sorry havent got one maybe if you post a pic that would help, the advance solenoid is near the part that you do the boost outside the pump so if you take a picture of that area that would be ideal!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The first pic is my car. The wiring circled in orange is supposed to be unique to the mk2 (particullarly the eight-pin plug (hashed)), and some other pics of mk1s i have show different plugs and wiring. I am trying to establish what the blue thing is.

The second pic is a mk2 engine (1997 i think)(you can just make out the words Endura D on the rocker cover) and this seems to show the same blue highlighted mystery component, plus the orange wiring is the same as my mk1?!

Thanks TG for your help

Attachments

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
That is definately a mk1 pump, and in the first pic in orange thats not an advance solenoid it would be located a bit to the right if it had one but the mk1 dosent have one so im told.

The second pic is actually a mk1 too the way i can tell is behind the oil cap should be an EGR valve on a mk2 also the lines accross the rocker cover are of the mk1 and it says 1.8 diesel on it also the pipe to the left of the intercooler is bigger on mk1 compared to mk2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.