Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Megger
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my mk1 the rear courtesy light only works when you turn it on as opposed to on with the door open

all the other courtesy lights work with the doors open just not this one

Any help appreciated thanks :)

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
has it been like that since you got the car or has it just started ????

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
take it out check the connections are not dirty

·
Megger
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it has been like that since i have had the car (about 3 months)

as for taking it out to save me breaking it (as i seem to have a habit of doing in this car) does it just pop out ?

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
So you dont know whether it's standard on your car or whether someone's fitted it?
If someone's fitted it, could just be they haven't connected it properly. Or cut the hole, the found it was too hard to wire up, so just wedged the light in.
Just a possibility.
Put a screwdriver to the side of it, wedge it under the light and gently pop it out.
If you break it, I've got one on eBay ;) :}

·
Megger
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well it is a ghia which i would assume had one as standard ;)

the front footwells have courtesy lights which work so i would say it was defo standard

i dont think this car has been played with at all

the spare tyre is still the orginal one supplied with the car and still looks like brand new it defo has never been touched or used EVER

·
Megger
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have taken out the light and the wire for the door open feed was broken so i repaired it and it still doenst work

all the contacts in the light look ok so i swapped the normal permanent earth around with the door open one and it worked fine

so its defo a wiring fault somewhere down the line does anyone know where the light takes it feed from so i can check its connection

Thanks James

1 - 7 of 7 Posts