Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice please. The remote on my MK1 2.5 SI stopped working. I didn't know how old the battery was so I got a new pair and fitted them. Now the little red LED flashes on the key fob but I get no reaction on the door locking system. Any ideas welcome.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update. Have just reprogammed key as per Mirez instructions. After turing on ignition then removing key LED on clock did not remain on. Pressed buttons on key fob as per instructions, LED on key fob flashed 4 tmes but nothing on clock LED ????

·
MEG Corporal
1,529 Posts
This is happening to me as well...
I have jjust bought a new fob and remote bit, had the key programmed to the car so the key works, and tried to prgramme in the remote part, by putting my key in for 10 secs, removing then doing the sequence on the fob...
But my clock LED never flashed to acknoledge it all...
SO i dunno.

The remote hasn't been used for over 3yrs though...

And fraud reckon if the car is used on the red key for far too long it needs re doing on there computer as apparently it all deactivates or something...

But this is £75.....

Any help please...

·
MEG Corporal
1,529 Posts
Anybody?????

·
Hampshire & Surrey Meets Organiser
229 Posts
I think Mirez has updated the website but I remember when I did mine - I had to leave the key in for longer and wait til the LED next to the clock to come on before removing the key.

·
MEG Corporal
1,529 Posts
Which is what i've been doing!!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update - now the car won't deadlock from the drivers door using the key, but it will on the passenger side. Trawling through all the old posts on c/locking, decided to unplug the c/locking module for 15 mins and then reprogramme keyfob. Hey presto all is now working fine. Many thanks to all that have cotributed to these various posts.

·
22 Posts
Put the car into test mode (press the switch behind the drivers door catch pin, on the central door pillar, repeatedly until the horn pips).

Then test everything you want, remote control, door open sensors, relays in the locking mechanism etc. You get a brief pip from the horn each time you do this.

·
Registered
219 Posts
on the right hand side in the drivers foot well there is a small box, silver on one side, it has 3 plugs in the back, this is the factory standard alarm and central locking cpu, disconnect the plugs in the following sequence, centre right then left, reconnect them in the same sequence, if that doesnt reset the system so the little red led comes on then im stumped. i had the same problem on my mk1, now it all works hunkydory :D oh, maybe you need to check the clock leds are working, as if theres a dodgy connection then the mondy wont like it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.