Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya....

I had a flexi pipe on my rear o/s caliper split, i changed the pipe, but i was unable to bleed the system as the previous owner has rounded the bleed nipple!!! I took it to a garage and they now say that i need a new master cylinder, as they bled the front brakes and the pedel still goes to the floor!!!! Is this right.... i thought it would still go to the floor as the rear brakes are connected to the front and the rears still need to be bled!! Also they said i need 2 new rear calipers... cos they can't get the bleed nipples off.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
you cant just bleed the front brakes theyre talking rubbish i was told the same thing yrs ago but when i bled brakes properly everything was fine, you need to get the brakes bled properly then it should be fine if not then you probably do need one.

basically iwas changing brakes on a car as per haynes lostening the nipple and igot air in the system and iwas told same as u but then i was told by a m8 how to bleed em right and i did it and all was fine after.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help.... looks like i'm gonna be changing the rear calipers as the bleed nipples are totally seized on anyway. Just hoping the master cylinder is ok once i've bled them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.