Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Little Megger
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fitted a MK2 trip computer into a MK2 V6 petrol Ghia. I have two wires left to install as most of the wiring was missing. Im hoping that someone can help me along.

Fuel flow - according to forums iv seen this is pin 5 (white) on the engine loom. My loom does not have a white on pin 5 and I did not want to mess around and kill something.

Fuel remaining - Is this the middle pin on the multiplug on the fuel connection under the back seat. If so is there an easier place to pick this up nearer the dash??

Any help on this would be greatfull :thankyousign:

Rich

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
Ok i need to know what year car you have and also what year car the trip came from or its software version then i can tell you what you need to know :)

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
In the engine bay on the big connector Pin 28 (Solid White) is the fuel flow wire and you can pick up the fuel remaining on the red and wire on the back of the speedo :)

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
There is a revision on the trip computer plug wires for the fuel remaining and with yours being a 1998 im unsure if it will have been done, which pin did you put fuel remaining on?

·
Little Megger
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information. I will try these connections over the weekend. :thankyousign:

·
Little Megger
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My trip has been working fine for a few weeks now, but now I have a weird problem. My fuel gauge reads more than it should do with the needle mostly above the full line !! If I unplug the multi connector from the trip the gauge appears OK. Also if i turn the ignition off and on the gauge reads properly then the needle slowly moves on up !! Any ideas please....

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
Thats because you have a ver 5 in a 1998 (you get a quarter tank of fuel for free :) )
The revision to the trip plug is Fuel remaining is on pin 7 rd/wh instead of pin 8 wh/bk. Pin 15 requires a 12v live feed (looped to pin 3 or 12) this will sort out the gauge problem and making it correct providing your car is fitted with the revised fuel sender.
Ver 4 and 5 dont work like the earlier ones :)

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
Lift the back seat, lift the rubber disk and give me the part number :)

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
Im not an auto electrician, i just know quite a bit of mondeo electrics and i study them quite a bit too :)
I dont know about cliffords but there is someone on here that installs them :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts