Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it all the same colour / pattern?

I've seen a dash surround on eBay which looks lighter than my door inserts. Could it just be the lighting on the pic?

·
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhh, my wood looks quite dark. :L

·
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll keep taking the tablets :whistling: :L

·
Big Megger
240 Posts
If it's of any help I can tell you that this stuff is pretty hard to photgraph in order to give a reasonable representation of it's actual colour, especially with a flash.

I know of two distinct types: The earlier darker stuff and the later stuff GT has shown above, this stuff is quite 'glittery'. I noticed that it is really sensitive to light.

What is the item number?

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
I cut up a din adaptor and a clock, some fancy fiberglassing alot of sanding and a lil lick of paint :) .
I wired a clock plug onto the iso loom for the radio :)

·
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mmm, thanks everyone.

I've only got the door inserts at the moment and I reckon they are darker than your set.

But as said, could be just the lighting!

If or when I get round to getting the major bits, it looks as though it would be sensible to make sure they all came off the same car!

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
HJS said:
... I've only got the door inserts at the moment and I reckon they are darker than your set.....
They might well be from a Mk1 then :ponder: as the Mk1 wood was very dark compared to the types of wood produced for the Mk2... You're probs fixed now, as this is an old-ish thread :L

What is worth mentioning is that the late Mk2 (darker) wood has 'copper' tones to its grain, giving the 'glittery' effect as mentioned by Mudguts ^^^, and is becoming quite rare. This type had matching lighting and radio panel, where the earlier Mk2 stuff was only the speedo panel and door trims...

·
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd forgotten about this thread... :}

I'm not sorted yet, its still on the 'to do' list...I get round to it, one day...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.