Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing the seats in my Mondeo for titanium x leather ones, I have just replaced the drivers seat, now I get the airbag light flashing three times every second and a pause then another three flashes. Does anyone know what this means and how the rectify this.

Could this be the pretensioner

·
Big Megger
197 Posts
The airbags are coded to the module therefore when changing an airbag/seat with airbag the module will need to be reset,so the module recognises the airbags that are in the vehicle,this can be done with a scanner/diagnostics machine.
Cheers Blokie

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
BLOKIE said:
The airbags are coded to the module therefore when changing an airbag/seat with airbag the module will need to be reset,so the module recognises the airbags that are in the vehicle,this can be done with a scanner/diagnostics machine.
Cheers Blokie
I am not aware of any coded airbags to the module. Last year I did a full change of interior from cloth to leather & I never had any problems apart from making sure that all the connections were solid & firm. And that was takening an interior from a early mk3 to a late mk3. You might have to recode the system IF you are taking airbags & Not replacing them. I have access to ETIS from Ford.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am going to try to change the seat belt pretensioner and check no pins are bent on the seat connector itself, as for the wiring the only thing missing is the climate / heated part, but I assume this can be added at a later date.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
graysi said:
I am going to try to change the seat belt pretensioner and check no pins are bent on the seat connector itself, as for the wiring the only thing missing is the climate / heated part, but I assume this can be added at a later date.
Is there anything I need to know before changing the pretensioner over? is there an inhibit to stop it going off.

·
MEG Corporal
1,387 Posts
Did I read somewhere, you have to fit a pin, or something, in the pre-tentioner, which stops it going off,(extending), should it accidently be set off?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.