Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a search but didn't turn up any hits on this, so please feel free to point me elsewhere if it's been covered before.

I'm basically looking to upgrade my brakes as I managed to induce fade after a few 130+ mph stops. My usual pads of choice (Ferodo DS2500) don't appear to be available for the Mk3 Mondeo so are there any other fast road/track pads that people would recommend? I see Pagid offer the Pagid Blue and Black Diamond offer their Predators but I have no experience of either. I'm wary of EBC as I ran some Greens on a previous car and they were shocking, but I hear the new compound is a lot better.

I'll probably stick with the OEM discs but uprate the fluid to Super Dot 4.

All advice appreciated :D

Chris

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
easy stop driving so fast and you wont have a problem :} :}

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Yep, slow down :whistling:

I am sure someone asked about Jag brakes, that might be an option

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
yeah someone did ask about jag brakes i think it was called wil lthese fit a mk3 it wasnt that long ago but i dunno if they got anywhere so you can look for that.

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
i'm running mk3 brakes with drilled/grooved disks with EBC greenstuff pads and they are brilliant (i even tested them on silverstone and was well impressed!). greenstuffs dont work so good on standard disks though.

the other important thing to fit is goodridge braided brake hoses, they are about £35 a set from burton power.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback and it's good to hear EBC have sorted themselves out! When I ran them, I used them on some unwarpable Godspeed grooved and drilled discs .... which warped :(

For some reason, I assumed the Mondy's brake lines were reinforced, but if they're not it's definitely worth going the Goodridge route :D

Chris

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
I ran standard discs with EBC Redstuff, and had no fade, even on three consecutive hot laps around the Nurburgring. They were a little wooden when cold though.

The Jag brakes in question were for the S-Type R. There are no options for the X-type that aren't available for the Mondeo.

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
i thought i saw them listed on burton power? may have been somewhere else and i'm not sure they were goodridge now

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Would new upraded hoses and good fluid make and difference on standard disks and pads?

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
makes you wonder dan

·
MEG Corporal
1,091 Posts
red-dot disc's front standard back with mintex extreme pads

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
you need to bleed the brakes when you change them hoses though?

·
MEG Corporal
1,091 Posts
got castrol response in mine. seem very good at the moment

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.