Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gavin T
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As one or two of you may know, my car doesnt have a computer but for some unknown reason was showing fuel range instead of temp. Disconnected the battery this afternoon to reset the ECU and now its showing outside temp! I dont have the menu button on th end of my indicator stalk, but im assuming if i buy one and fit it then the computer is already there waiting to be accessed?

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
only way to find out is to get one mate like i said before

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
yeah u might be lucky and find it does work then again maybe not but you can always resell it. Might be worth looking now as not many people will be looking for stuff like that on ebay before xmas they wil lbe too busy buying presents lol.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've just bought a new indicator stalk off Ebay with the info button, just waiting for it to arrive so I can test if my Mk3 can support the computer functions.

If not, there'll be another for sale on Ebay soon! Watch this space! :whistling:

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
ive got one but comp dosent work need a ghia or above speedo to work it as they have the relevent programing done to them

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
I would still try it though,you never know. :)

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
KAZUYADOG said:
I would still try it though,you never know. :)
with a bit of luck yeah.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well, I tried installing it today but no luck :(

The system beeps when the info button is pressed but the display doesn't change :( Gutted.

Well, it was worth a try. Only a 5 minute job to swap them over and back again.

·
Gavin T
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So you have an indicator stalk up for grabs then?!! Me me me me i want it!!! The misses took my car to work this morning and on the way it beeped to tell her the fuel was running low. As it did so it switched itself back from temp to range so its definatley there i just cant use it cos i dont have the stalk!! Ill give you one of my kids for it!

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
Cant you put a buttone between a couple of conections to test if ti works or not before splashing out on a full stalk unit?

Just an idea? :L

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.