Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know: I took my ecu of, and the standard alarm that was on top of it as well...now, when i will plug them back in, should there be any problems reguarding the reprograming of the keys...should the car start right away???or must i take it to the service to reset something...hope not..(these central units: the ECU and the alarm are to stay off the car for about a week)
and one more question, does the plug on the Ecu have a failsafe plug-in, can u plug it the wrong way???? because i have taken it off and i don't remember how it came there...and i'm afraid that i might plug it up-side-down....same goes for the alarm....it has coloured plugs from the electrics of the car...but on the alarm computer they aren't marked..
maybe if someone has some pictures would be helpfull ....10x

Oh yes...it's a 2001 mondeo TDDI 115 bhp, left hand driven.

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
i would assume the plugs will have a specific way round and cannot go any other way but i may be wrong.

here's a piccy of the alarm module from my 2001 mk3 1.8 petrol but should be the same throughout the pre-facelift range

the plugs are colour coded by the looks of it and may have small lugs on to stop you putting them in the wrong place.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10x 4 the pics....do u have any ideea about the ECU plug...it can be put back in 2 ways...i think...and as unlucky as i am, i am sure tu plug it the wrong way...:(

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
i would not know where to start with the ECU plug as i dare not venture there just incase the car never works again :}

i would go take a piccy of the ECU plug when i get home from work ( i think it can be seen OK from the engine bay ) but i have a 1.8 petrol engine so it may not be any use unless from the same type of engine as the looms will probably be different.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the plug that passes from the engine bay thru the so called fire-wall inside the cabine is fixed on the body-work so u can't get it wrong....but i'm afraid that when i slide the ecu back in the plug i mightr put it the wrong way as i can put it in up-side-down....some pics from the cabine would be helpfull....the looms might just be the same(apparently)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.